Monday, April 02, 2012

Poor Kids In My Pocket


I carry this picture in my pocket,
A simple reminder to me that
No matter where I am,
Jesus and the poor kids are always
in my midst.

This simple card is not a claim stub
To withdraw some blessings in return.
It is not a ticket to free me from guilt
Nor a good luck charm to protect me from harm.

It’s not even to tag me as a man of charity
Fo all the world to see.
It’s simply an understanding
Between Jesus and me.

When I put my hand in my pocket
To bring out my wallet,
It is NOT for alms-giving.

This picture just makes me remember
that I must have a heart to share
that a part of me has to be offered
in simple service and deeds
to the countless little children
whose future is obscure;
who suffer and shiver in the dark;
whose voices are unheard;
whose nightmares come at daytime,
and whose monsters are real.

It’s a symbol of my nearness to God.
So, I carry this little piece in my pocket,
Reminding no one but me,
That I can give hope
If only I care.

-Joey Velasco

This poem is written by Joe Velasco, a great artist of the Philippine (He was a Salesian). May he rest in Peace.....His picture of Last Supper is so real.....Jesus eat his Passover meal with the children 

No comments: