Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Human Person Fully Alive

Do you wish to know God? Read the BIBLE

Our faith holds that humanity has been deeply wounded by the injustice of sin, violence, and injustices as such, humanity, and in fact, all of creation yearns to be made complete, as Saint Paul says in Romans 8:22 “ We are well aware that the whole creation, until this time, has been groaning in labor pains. We can not deny the very fact that we are sinners and we need salvation and sanctification and our sanctification is not only spiritual but also physical. For this reason God, who cannot be grasped, comprehended or seen, allows himself to be seen, comprehended and grasped by men through His only Son so that He may give life to those who see and receive him. It is impossible to live without life, and the actualization of life comes from participation in God, while participation in God is to see God and enjoy his goodness. Men will therefore see God if they are to live; through the vision of God they will become immortal and attain to God himself and through his Word the whole creation learns that there is one God the Father, who holds all things together and gives them as it is written in the Gospel: No man has ever seen God, except the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father; he has revealed him. God becoming human in Jesus and He becomes the ultimate blessing, sanctification, making holy of the human person and the sanctification of the human person.
When I look back to my past life and looking forward to the great future, sometimes I feel unworthy because of my sinfulness and human conditions. Sometimes I ask my self: can I be a good person? And when I am reflecting on this question, I find out that I really did not believe that I was fully good created by God, I lost the sense of goodness, and it wasn't simply a matter of lack of self-esteem that prohibited me from acknowledging my own goodness but it was the scars of my own wounds that prohibited me to respond with a complete affirmation. I think that my own straggling is also the straggling of other people also because we are experiencing the wounds of sin and injustice burden in our hearts and because of it we need of healing. Yes, we have wound but when we recognize it, we open ourselves to the new horizon, new way of life to experience and accept with humility the healing power of God upon our whole human being and through it we begin the process of living a more holistic life because we allow


 God’s grace to conquer whole of our being: body, mind, and spirit and God himself yearns and desires for us to be fully alive.
If God being so good to me, what does God ask from me? What does He desire for my life? He wants me to be truly and fully alive,  He wants me to be completely free and to seek the destiny and that destiny is God Himself, ultimately! We can not deny it! But how do I know the path to follow in this life, my vocation as his calling? In the most simple sense, the calling of each person as a Christian is to be the person God has created us to be. God strongly desires for us since from the beginning to be good and holy! I'm glad, though, that the grace of God can and does work through imperfect earthen vessels and it will make us perfect. But since we are not perfect yet, we need to repent (metanoiete), believe and follow Him in our life. We will change if we just stick with Him. It is the change in us that results from being with Him that we need, and that the world needs to see in us. By this way we really understand the word of St. Irenaeus “the glory of God is the human person fully alive”.  For it is truly what God wants for us: to be fully alive because He said “I have come so that may have life, and have it to the full (John 10:10).”

  

No comments: